Tuesday 17 January 2017

BUCKWHEAT HUSKS/HULLS PILLOWS.
On the subject of a good night's sleep and the problems with memory foam pillows and such like! I tried making a mattress with matching pillows.
 I wanted organic so plumped for French Linen the stuff you see at antique shops and as a filling Buckwheat husks..oh my! Felt good for a couple of months did need to strip the bed and get the mattress in shape quite often but all good until I found I was having breathing problems similar to but not the same as my X memory  foam pillow anyway seams the fine dust comes through the linen and the cotton pillow cases when I unpicked them the cases where dark brown from white (see photo) so back to starting over, trying rolled cotton towels in pillow cases which can be washed often! We will see..


No comments:

Post a Comment